Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Oh- And I don't have a crimper, but I think it would be neat to use one to add depth and effects to pages.

I do have the cutting system from Creative Memories, a Cricut system and other supplies. They are my 'treasures' that I keep safe.
    Scrapper #1

Justme Guest

Wow, a Critcut - now that's bigtime! I've watched their infomercials, but always wondered if it was one of those things that looks fun, but you don't end up using too often. With being unemployed now I don't have the loot I used to to buy stuff so one of those is wayyyyyyyyy out of my budget.

I like www.craftsetc.com and www.joann.com. Both have good prices, frequent sales and free shipping over $25 (which can save quite a bit!).

I absolutely loved to scrapbook. I just finished our Disney trip about 2 weeks ago. I have been going to the all nighters that Advance CCC has been having. What great fun! I have been doing this for about 5 years are so and am so glad that I started. The only issue I am having right now is that I have always used Creative Memories items and they are getting so costly, espicially the albums. But I keep going back b/c they guarantee their albums for lifetime so if something happens to it they will replace it but they just keep changing their pages, page protectors, albums and such I just can't keep up with them anymore. But I do love there stuff. I have used one of those Cricut's and they are addicting once you get the hang of it. The best thing to do to keep your cost down is to come to crops where people are willing to share there items and as long as you are too then everyone wins. Advance CCC is having another all nighter on March 27th and 28th and my Creative Memories consultant is having her crop night tonight @ Trinity Lutheran Church on Elm Swamp from 6-11 if you are interested!

I have been scrapbooking for the past 7 or 8 years and I love it. My daughter and I went together and bought a Cricut!! It is absolutely my favorite tool!!! It is sooooo worth the money!! You can make your own stickers, alphabets, and die cuts!! I love, love, love it!! I would really like to buy some more cartridges, but they are expensive.

I buy my paper in bulk also. Sometimes at Michael's or Hobby Lobby and other times I try to get some crafting supplies from QVC or HSN. A lot of times they have items for sale and they have them on EasyPay payments where you only pay a small payment now and then a little each month. Plus, if you don't like it, you can send it back!

I did heritage albums for two of my grandchildren a couple of years ago. I used 8x8 albums and I think they turned out pretty nice. I also made my mom and mother-in-law albums for Christmas several years ago and did kind of a history of my and my husband's lives together for them.

At the moment, since getting the Cricut, I am into making cards!! Love it!!! Finding the time is my biggest problem, though!!
    Faith is not believing that God can....
    it is Knowing that He will.

I am just getting started with card-making. This winter while I was in Florida, one of my new friends is a Close To My Heart consultant, and she got me started on some projects. She would do a card-making class at our church....for $8.00 she would supply all the materials (just asked us to bring scissors and adhesive) and a few ideas and we could use her stuff. I got hooked!
    My focus right now is learning how to use watercolor techniques to color in the stamping, and I use my calligraphy skills to write a message. I collected small shells from the beach and have put those on the cards, too. It's so fun!
    If you guys ever get something organized, please let me know! I love getting new ideas from gals who know so much more than I do.

Smile need to find scrapbook friends

I am new to the area. Where I used to live, I got together with 15 gals every Friday night and scrapped. I am looking for a few people that would live to get together, for the sake of scrapping/ preserving our memories. Is there any such group around here or would someone be interested in starting one? I am also interested in a retreat if anyone knows of one.
    laughline@aol.com

I'm a scrapbooker! I also teach scrapbooking classes and host their crop night at the Michaels at Traders Point.

Red face Scrapbookers

Hi, All you scrapers.
    Hang in there! I'm tring to start up workshops out of my home (intro to advanced) at a low fee. I also will have supplies that you can buy at great price!!
    Shooting for the first of the year. I will Post more info as it becomes avaliable.
    I attented the scrapbooking convention in Chicago this last summer and have taken several clases.
    Have fun scraping

something to remember around christmas time walmart has scarpbooking kits that mostly make it to the clearnce isle. I've bought a couple of these. Mine have came with buttons, beads, ribbon, and such.

I wish I still did scrapbooking but we don't have pics printed out or the extra money to print pics.
    Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
    Bill Cosby

Justme Guest

I have $$$ of stuff, but no time to do it!