Default political? Standing for the flag

This probably doesn't belong in the "Politics" section, but can be moved if need be.

I'm sick to death of these football players "taking a knee" when our flag is displayed and the national anthem is sung.

Wondering what your thoughts and feelings are on the topic.

Default Re: political? Standing for the flag

As a Vietnam Era Veteran, I do understand the motivation to stand before our flag and our song. In saying that, I have visited many sports bars over the years in various states. I have yet to see oe person stand when the National Anthem is played on TV before a game. Quite the contrary, the loudness of the patrons is
    sometimes deafening. So before we criticize others for taking a knee, we need to stand tall and ourselves be representative.
    The Bluesman is Back!

Default Re: political? Standing for the flag

Quote Originally Posted by PattyG View Post
    This probably doesn't belong in the "Politics" section, but can be moved if need be.

I'm sick to death of these football players "taking a knee" when our flag is displayed and the national anthem is sung.

Wondering what your thoughts and feelings are on the topic.
    I totally agree, Patty. It is a tremendous disrespect for our veterans and our nation. Every male in my family, except one, has been in the military. My Dad's a retired USAF vet, who fought in Viet Nam. My great-great uncle was a USN medic in WWI. My great-great-great grandfather fought in the Civil War (Union). So, yes, I take great offense at "taking a knee" during times we should be patriotic. If we lose our patriotism, what is left??