Default daily reminder that religion is a fairy tale.

remember: religion is a box you put yourself in. It is not reality.
    "We are the universe experiencing itself."

Default Re: daily reminder that religion is a fairy tale.

Ok but...

You believe there is nothing after we die and I believe in Christ.

What if, after we are done on earth and our time has come, what I believe is right and what you believe is wrong?

What if there really is something more and because you choose to mock it, and call it a fairy tale you have have to spend all eternity on the outside?

These two posts are interesting.

"Religion" may just be a fairy tale - if simply "believing" is what makes one "religious"? I mean after all, the Bible tells the reader that even the demons "believe" and yet it goes on to tell us in that same passage that they shudder. Why do they shudder? Because they "believe" will they spend eternity with Christ or will they spend it on the "outside" or some place worse yet?

Fairy tales are not fact, they are not reality and they are not how the story really ends. I think the man named Christ called His church or His bride or His flock, etc. to do much more than merely "believe" in order to spend eternity with Him - yes? Therefore, if "believing" is as deep as your "religious" experience with Christ goes, then yes I may agree, "religion" is a fairy tale and one may want to reconsider one's eternal destination - mockery or fact? Maybe, just maybe one's mockery comes in saying one "believes" one way but exemplifies one's God in quite the opposite way?

The scriptures say one should work out his/her own salvation with fear and trembling. I "believe" the key to where one spends eternity has more to do with this and less to do with that; I also "believe" this is no fairy tale.
    Last edited by TIGERMOM; 01-05-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Religion may be a fairy tale, but faith is not. Religion can apply to anything one believes. Religion is simply a practice. Faith goes much deeper and requires a relationship, beginning with belief.

lol faith is just forcing yourself to believe in something that isn't real. The fact that you'd criticize religion but not faith (a key component of religion) is just hilariously ironic. Keep drinking the kool-aid.
    "We are the universe experiencing itself."