Default Hard to believe that this was recorded in 1969. So fitting for today.

Last edited by LewAlton; 05-25-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks for sharing.......sometimes we all forget. "Liberty and Justice for All"
    Fight with your words today so your children don't have to fight for their lives tomorrow.

Smile

Red Skelton was a genius at parody......some very meaningful like this (and yet timely, considering they are still fighting "under God" 44 years later) and some just plain FUNNY (although slightly "irreverent.")
    I'll never forget the Hoosier Redhead on one show playing a prisoner out in the "yard." Now this was at the height of Elizabeth Taylor's second "Scandal," which was dumping Eddie Fisher, whom she had stolen from Debbie Reynolds, for Sybil Burton's hubby Richard. Just accepted H'wood behavior today, but at the time Liz had been chastised or denounced by the Pope, and even by Congress, no less!
    But anyway, Red's looking toward the bright blue sky and starts singing,
    "If I had the wings of an angel...
    Over these prison walls I'd ZOOM...
    Into the arms of Elizabeth Taylor...
    But there probably...wouldn't be...ROOM."

Are you kidding me?! The Pope and Congress chastised an individual for their unacceptable actions??!!

Cool

Hey, it was a different world back in the 50's and early 60's. Today's show biz morality is just shrugged off. But in the early 50's Ingrid Bergman was denounced by the very same sources for leaving her dentist husband and their kids to have her director's illegitimate child. And in the late 50's the Vatican and the Holy Congress again went on attack.....denouncing Lana Turner for raising her daughter in an immoral atmosphere prompting her to stab mobster Johnny Stompanato in Mama's bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldEagle View Post
    Hey, it was a different world back in the 50's and early 60's. Today's show biz morality is just shrugged off. But in the early 50's Ingrid Bergman was denounced by the very same sources for leaving her dentist husband and their kids to have her director's illegitimate child. And in the late 50's the Vatican and the Holy Congress again went on attack.....denouncing Lana Turner for raising her daughter in an immoral atmosphere prompting her to stab mobster Johnny Stompanato in Mama's bedroom.

But in todays enightened world we know that it is not right to expect people to be responsible for their own actions, it is someone else's duty
    Communist leader Josef Stalin (1879-1953): "Comrades, I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how. But what is extraordinarily important is this: who will count the votes, and how."

Wink

Can't comment on today's Vatican....... I think maybe they are past the point of ordering good Catholics not to attend any "R" rated movies (let alone condemn the actors in those movies.)

However, in TODAY'S Washington, Cheryl Crane would probably be told to just escape that Beverly Hills mansion and live on Welfare in Government Subsidized Housing, and use her Obama-Phone to rat out her mother to the National Enquirer.
    And I can imagine at least four Democrat Congressmen rushing to Ingrid Bergman's side with brochures and pamphlets explaining the wisdom of choosing abortion .
    And Senator John Warner could counsel Elizabeth Taylor on Republican conservatism and the joys of monogamous relationships. She, in turn, could marry him....make his life miserable....and eventually dump him for a young construction worker she met in drug rehab.

Oh......well I guess that last one really did happen!