Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I did the coupons for a few years and it saved for sure but was a big time killer. This was before the barcodes were on coupons. I too had to really watch buying stuff that I would not use simply because I could get it cheap. Throwing out stuff that your family won't eat is not saving.

Now I think I do almost as well just by comparison shopping. For big groceries I start at Aldis, then hit Wally and then Kroger for their sales and a few of their items that are just better. Last is Dollar Store. I save about 20% overall.

I am very resistant to getting a smart phone but on the news they showed an app that can scan a product and then show the best prices in your area. That's very appealing.

What's the name of the app?

You know, if Kroger is having a sale on something you can save yourself the extra trip by price matching it at Walmart. I have absolutely nothing against Kroger, but I don't have time to make multiple stops so if I have to go to Walmart and like something that's on sale at Kroger I just do the price match and save that trip.

I didn't clip a lot of coupons. I ordered most of mine from ebay. I paid $1.50 for 50 of the angel soft coupons. There were only a few coupons I purchased that expired before they were on sale again. I would set them on the shelf next to the item the last week they were good so someone else that was going to pay full price could have it.
    Never underestimate the power of cleavage!

I did not pay attn to the name of the app, since I am a geezer :-D and techie-resistant I just noticed what it was supposed to do. It could have been one that is not out yet and just previewed on Ch 13. Groupon seems interesting too but have not looked into it since printer ink is like liquid gold!

Yes, I do the price matching when I think of it, just recently saw a woman at wally get packaged produce at Aldis sale prices. Same type of veggies and weight but different companies. I did not know that was allowed!

Things like Kroger's brand cheese, produce and meat sales are what draw me. Their produce has been fresher and more varied than at other stores the last few years.

On an side note: I have not traveled the world but have been to a few countries and even on our worse days, our groceries stores look like a dream.

Quick Scan is the name of the app

Thanks!