Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Boone County pharmacies

Why is that Boone county doesn't have a pharmacy that stays open 24/7? Had to drive to Frankfort this evening to get some prescriptions filled. With four in Lebanon, and I don't know how many in Zionsville or any others, seems like ONE of them could stay open. Don't people in Boone county get sick after 7 or 8?
    Faith is not believing that God can....
    it is Knowing that He will.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw2three View Post
    Why is that Boone county doesn't have a pharmacy that stays open 24/7? Had to drive to Frankfort this evening to get some prescriptions filled. With four in Lebanon, and I don't know how many in Zionsville or any others, seems like ONE of them could stay open. Don't people in Boone county get sick after 7 or 8?
    Pathetic isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw2three View Post
    I think that CVS's pharmacy used to be open 24 hours, but I don't think they did enough business for it to be cost efficient for them to continue having it open 24 hours. -Or maybe it's because of security/safety issues...what better time to try robbing a drug store then at night when there's only 2 employees in the store (a cashier and a pharmacist) and not many customers coming in and out of the store?

I thought that Cowan's once had an "emergency" number listed that people could call for after hours.

They really need to take the "24-hour pharmacy" sign off of the building, very misleading.

Maybe I am wrong on this but I seem to remember something about it...wasn't it robbed (CVS or Walgreens) within days or weeks of being open 24hours? For the hard drugs, ya know? Oxy's and what not...armed robbery?

Seems like back when my Dad was alive I remember him telling me something about it, over 5 years ago...again, I could be wrong and crossing my stories but I thought they [pharmacies] just decided it wasn't worth it.
    When I'm RIGHT, no one remembers, when I'm WRONG, no one forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by lebtigermomof3 View Post
    They really need to take the "24-hour pharmacy" sign off of the building, very misleading.
    Agreed!
    When I'm RIGHT, no one remembers, when I'm WRONG, no one forgets.

I thought that the CVS at Anson was open 24/7?

It would be kind of nice if there could be even a rotation schedule for our local pharmacies to have an emergency number that could be utilized.

You know....I wonder if there could be the possibility of our hospital allowing the public to utilize THEIR pharmacy? Would think someone is on call all the time, no? Maybe something to offer up for the hospital board to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by lightrays2c View Post
    I thought that the CVS at Anson was open 24/7?
    No they are not - the entire stores closes shop up at 10pm - Pharmacy is 10pm M - F, then 6pm Sat & Sun. I live right there.
    the tan is Charger, The middle is Chase (the baby) and the black eye is Chance (grandpa LOL).