Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Advocare

Before anyone gets involved with things like Advocare you should do a search on Advocare complaints, or Advocare lawsuits. You will find plenty of accurate information about contaminated products, the use of ephedrine, and the history behind the company. They guy who started this scam, now dead at the age of 58, was involved in other multi-level marketing rip offs such as herbalife. Advocare lost in a lawsuit against an Olympic swimmer who sued when she was convinced that the supplements were safe only to find out that it contained a banned substance that got her suspended from Olympic competition.

Multi-level-marketing such as Advocare only benefit the ones at the top. And the product is just bad for your health. I just hate to see so many people who want and need to have a healthy weight get sucked into this scam.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolmom View Post
    Before anyone gets involved with things like Advocare you should do a search on Advocare complaints, or Advocare lawsuits. You will find plenty of accurate information about contaminated products, the use of ephedrine, and the history behind the company. They guy who started this scam, now dead at the age of 58, was involved in other multi-level marketing rip offs such as herbalife. Advocare lost in a lawsuit against an Olympic swimmer who sued when she was convinced that the supplements were safe only to find out that it contained a banned substance that got her suspended from Olympic competition.

Multi-level-marketing such as Advocare only benefit the ones at the top. And the product is just bad for your health. I just hate to see so many people who want and need to have a healthy weight get sucked into this scam.
    Do you have links to prove any of these allegations? I am unable to find anything of these things. Advocare voluntarily pays extra money to send their products to Informed Choice to be tested for over 200 banned substances. Was this athlete taking anything OTHER than Advocare? Advocare is still currently taken by many athletes in the NFL, NCAA, MLB, NHL, PGA, ATP, WTA, LPGA, and NASCAR. Olympic athletes endorse the products, if they have banned substances how would these athletes still be in the olympics?

http://www.advocare.com/science/informedchoice.aspx
    Less than 2% of funding was used to research Pancreatic Cancer in 2010. Please go to this site and sponsor or even join my Team!! We are walking in June in honor of my MOM my HERO!

https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/s...3&team=5071118

Is this what youre talking about?
    http://advocaretruth.blog.com/2011/06/22/advocare/
    "Only two things are infinite — the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
    —Albert Einstein,
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Isaac Asimov
    " Some people call me a contrarian, but I don't think so" ---- Rowdy

Rowdy, that is one way to find opposition information about Advocare. You have to google very specific phrases to get past the Advocare google bombs that only produce the corporate web pages.

I am not so much against Advocare as I am these scam MLM sales things. This is an unproven, unsafe product that uninformed people are consuming, just like the other scam diet products such as Hydroxycut, etc. What bothers me is that I know of some pregnant women who are taking this stuff, some mothers who give it to their young children and some families who have or are about to quit gainful employment to get involved in a pyramid scheme.

MLM only benefits the guy at the top, that is why they do it. And the guy who started Advocare has been at the head of many of these scams. Before you invest money and your health in this stuff, ask your family doctors about it's safety and then go to an accountant and ask them if it is a safe investment. You wont' find any professional that will tell you any part of this is good.

Rowdy, that is one way to find opposition information about Advocare. You have to google very specific phrases to get past the Advocare google bombs that only produce the corporate web pages.

I am not so much against Advocare as I am these scam MLM sales things. This is an unproven, unsafe product that uninformed people are consuming, just like the other scam diet products such as Hydroxycut, etc. What bothers me is that I know of some pregnant women who are taking this stuff, some mothers who give it to their young children and some families who have or are about to quit gainful employment to get involved in a pyramid scheme.

MLM only benefits the guy at the top, that is why they do it. And the guy who started Advocare has been at the head of many of these scams. Before you invest money and your health in this stuff, ask your family doctors about it's safety and then go to an accountant and ask them if it is a safe investment. You wont' find any professional that will tell you any part of this is good.
    If it is indeed unproven, how do YOU know it's unsafe?
    Many of the people I know are informed, not uninformed as you say.

And it's not a pyramid because in this company you can pass up the person who got you started easily.

I actually know of doctors who DID indeed say that the products are good. As a matter of fact the aside from the ones I know of, the Sci/Med board consists of Physicians. I would think the Doctor who pioneered IV Feeding would not put his reputation on the line, this man has saved millions of lives.
    Less than 2% of funding was used to research Pancreatic Cancer in 2010. Please go to this site and sponsor or even join my Team!! We are walking in June in honor of my MOM my HERO!

I didn't even finish that whole blog as it was full of false information. For one, no one ever mentions fasting during a cleanse, no one who is properly trained anyhow. As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite. No one ever said to take Advocare products RATHER than eating either. It is to be paired with a healthy diet. And, Dr. Ragus is the founder, not Dr. Rangus....sounds like a bitter person who didn't properly do what they were supposed to do trying to bash to me. That was just 3 of the false tales in that article.

Still, no more than an advertisement for non-paying person(s).

When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Still, no more than an advertisement for non-paying person(s).
    Wolf, I am not seeking to advertise. I didn't start this thread, but I do feel that I should be able to reply to claims with the positive if it's okay for others to post all negative. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by macy kay View Post
    Wolf, I am not seeking to advertise. I didn't start this thread, but I do feel that I should be able to reply to claims with the positive if it's okay for others to post all negative. Am I wrong?
    Follow your heart, I just look at the "rules."

When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Follow your heart, I just look at the "rules."
    I do understand the rules, which is why I have never come on to here to ask anyone to have mixers and such, I just chimed in when someone else started a thread. I just see things that are completely wrong in this thread and yes, I am involved in Advocare and it just seems wrong not to defend what I know about Advocare and the changes it's made in our lives. Not really sure how to do that without "advertising" that I am an adviser, but I had no intentions of making money off of my defending our experience with Advocare.

It has really done great things for us since my Mom passed away and I can't sit back and just watch false things being said without shedding some positive light on it too I will gladly bow out of this thread if anyone feels I am breaking any kind of rules, as that is not my intent. We haven't even really been working it as a "business" as much as just what it's doing for us as a family and our new friendships we have made.