Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Teachers wasn't like this when I was in school !!

Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With Student
    36-Year-Old Woman Arrested

FARMLAND, Ind. -- A Randolph County teacher has been arrested after police said she admitted to having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.

Shannon J. Woodson, 36, a teacher at Greater Randolph Interlocal Coop in Winchester, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of child seduction.

The 17-year-old’s father went to police after he said he learned his son was having a relationship with Woodson.

The teen told police he and Woodson had sex at least three times over the summer and that he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with his teacher at her apartment.

Police said Woodson also admitted to having sex with the boy and smoking marijuana.

If convicted, Woodson could face up to three years in prison and a fine of $10,000.
    These statements are the expressed views & thoughts of boone_county_boy solely & may not be copied, used, sold or altered for any reason without written approval.
    Violators can & will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law & sued for no less than 1 million US dollars and or the same penalty & fines as if you pulled the tag off a mattress.

Are the sentencing guidelines different for female educators than for male educators in similar circumstances? THree years sure doesn't sound like much of a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyG View Post
    Are the sentencing guidelines different for female educators than for male educators in similar circumstances? THree years sure doesn't sound like much of a sentence.
    but yet a 17 year old boy having sex with a 14 year old girl has to register on the sex offenders list and has his life ruined and has to spend how much time in jail. why does it not say she will have to register?guess the closer you are in age the harder the punishment.
    Written By CAPT. Stephen R. Ellison, M.D. US Army
    If it weren't for the United States Military,
    there'd be NO United States of America
    nobody and i mean nobody is perfect.
    It's easier to build a child than repair an adult
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything

If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good
    position to kiss my ***!
    Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ Ʊ

As an educator her punishment should be much worse than the standard punishment for this crime.
    Never underestimate the power of cleavage!

Quote Originally Posted by boone_county_boy View Post

FARMLAND, Ind. -- A Randolph County teacher has been arrested after police said she admitted to having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.

Shannon J. Woodson, 36, a teacher at Greater Randolph Interlocal Coop in Winchester, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of child seduction.

The 17-year-old’s father went to police after he said he learned his son was having a relationship with Woodson.

The teen told police he and Woodson had sex at least three times over the summer and that he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol with his teacher at her apartment.

Police said Woodson also admitted to having sex with the boy and smoking marijuana.

If convicted, Woodson could face up to three years in prison and a fine of $10,000.
    Actually I think teachers were like that back when we were in school. Maybe it just wasn't made out to be the big deal it is today. In the tiny school I went to (about 200 kids 9-12) while I was there we had two girls marry teachers.

One of them was a girl in my class. The teacher was a first year teacher and she was a junior. Some of us students used to go over and visit him and she was always there. I also know he got high. There was never a big deal made of it. He wasn't fired. He was just asked to leave at the end of that first year.

They are still married today and are now grandparents. The other girl that married a teacher was about 4 years older than me and is still married today too.

To clarify ... they started seeing each other while the girls were in school but didn't get married to they graduated.
    Last edited by candle; 07-28-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
    -- Katharine Hepburn

Yes, they were!
    "Find out just what people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them. ... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.'"-- Fredric Douglass--

Quote Originally Posted by llk View Post
    but yet a 17 year old boy having sex with a 14 year old girl has to register on the sex offenders list and has his life ruined and has to spend how much time in jail. why does it not say she will have to register?guess the closer you are in age the harder the punishment.
    Becasue the age of consent in Indiana is 16.

I do think that the level of punishment should be different for those who are within say 3 years of the younger person.

Quote Originally Posted by candle View Post
    Actually I think teachers were like that back when we were in school. Maybe it just wasn't made out to be the big deal it is today. In the tiny school I went to (about 200 kids 9-12) while I was there we had two girls marry teachers.

One of them was a girl in my class. The teacher was a first year teacher and she was a junior. Some of us students used to go over and visit him and she was always there. I also know he got high. There was never a big deal made of it. He wasn't fired. He was just asked to leave at the end of that first year.

They are still married today and are now grandparents. The other girl that married a teacher was about 4 years older than me and is still married today too.

To clarify ... they started seeing each other while the girls were in school but didn't get married to they graduated.
    WeBo? There are about eight teachers there who married their students ... once they had graduated.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by boone_county_boy View Post

where was she when i was in school!!
    IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME!

Quote Originally Posted by advancehood View Post
    where was she when i was in school!!