Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Santorini

Default Santorini

The O's and friends visited Santorini's this evening for dinner. It's a great Greek restaurant in Fountain Square on Prospect Street. Actually, that whole area has been revitalized and is a great place.

Santorini's is quite nice....casual is fine.....table cloths and cloth napkins.....belly dancer......the place is well operated and the food is excellent. We recommend it. Do call for reservations for dinner.

I'd tell you what we all had, but cannot begin to spell the words again. LOL
    If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu. Elizabeth Warren

Santorini is wonderful and we go as often as we can. They just rehabbed the restaurant after a fire. They are a wonderful group of people who have hired your local Sugar Creek Big Band for their birthday celebration the last couple of years. Located in Fountain Square with other clubs nearby for dancing, it makes a great "date" restaurant. We plan on going next weekend.

We were impressed with how lovely the restaurant looks since it's rebuilding. Casual elegance.....just perfect.
    If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu. Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by oldster View Post
    We were impressed with how lovely the restaurant looks since it's rebuilding. Casual elegance.....just perfect.
    Did they have Uzo?

Quote Originally Posted by kilted grandpa View Post
    Did they have Uzo?
    Haha - isn't that an automatic weapon?

Is it a beer? I think so. Not sure.

Santorini is a great experience! Great service, wonderful food and the place is really, really pretty! Be sure to make reservations on the weekend and be on time!!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustMe View Post
    Santorini is a great experience! Great service, wonderful food and the place is really, really pretty! Be sure to make reservations on the weekend and be on time!!
    Yeah, no kidding about that "on time" thing! May I suggest a GPS, rather than Oldster's diminishing memory?

Haha - isn't that an automatic weapon?

Is it a beer? I think so. Not sure.
    It's a drink similar to Peppermint schnapps, but more potent!

The O's and friends visited Santorini's this evening for dinner. It's a great Greek restaurant in Fountain Square on Prospect Street. Actually, that whole area has been revitalized and is a great place.

Santorini's is quite nice....casual is fine.....table cloths and cloth napkins.....belly dancer......the place is well operated and the food is excellent. We recommend it. Do call for reservations for dinner.

I'd tell you what we all had, but cannot begin to spell the words again. LOL
    I can't say I am a fan. A lot of the food is shipped in, not made in the kitchen in the back. The owner worked for years for the family that owns Greek Islands, so if you go there, at least the food's fresh and the prices are cheaper. I am a huge fan of rice pudding, but the Santorini version was a lot closer to boiled snot than I care to recall, and the taste was just horrific.

The only thing that's nice here is the decor. Even the belly dancer was kinda.. saggy. =p

Greek Islands is right next to Shapiro's downtown, the atmosphere makes you feel like you're sitting in the large dining room of a frind. In fact, the walls are covered with items brought to this country from Greece by the family. Opened by the parents and adult children, the entire family continues to stay closely involved in the running of the business.

Be sure to check out the wine tasting events.. for 30 dollars, you get a full meal and dessert made from scratch, 6 or so varieties of wine, and a lesson in wine to boot. ;D

We love Greek Islands! I didn't know about the wine tasting, that would be really fun. George is a hoot, we always have a good time there!
    Don't believe everything you think.