Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenPleasure View Post

Well of course they paint it full of doom and gloom
    If they don't scare you why would you vote yes??????
    Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I need it most.

Losing two days' pay a year would hardly be noticeable. At my company we all lose five days' pay every quarter. That's like not getting paid at all one month of the year. That's a tough pill to swallow, but we're doing it in order to get through this so some of our co-workers don't lose their jobs, houses, cars, and everything else.

Default From today's Indianapolis Star

Anderson school
    district might cut
    20% of jobs

Associated Press

Posted: March 19, 2010

ANDERSON, Ind. -- A central Indiana
    school district could see 20 percent of its
    jobs cut for next school year as it works
    to close a multimillion-dollar budget
    deficit.

Anderson Community Schools
    superintendent Felix Chow says the
    number of teacher and other positions
    eliminated could "easily" surpass 200.
    Chow tells The Herald Bulletin that layoff
    notices will be mailed next week to about
    125 teachers.

The jobs cuts come on top of a move
    consolidating the district's two high
    schools into one and closing four
    elementary schools.

Chow says the district has little choice
    but to make drastic cuts as it faced a
    potential $22 million shortfall by 2011.

webo dad Guest

i am not sure if i am for or against this-but i do feel i will vote yes,-but just so everyone knows my wife checked our property taxes and they are going up $400.00 from last year-and i suppose if we vote this in they will go up even more next year-like i said i feel i need to vote yes but where does it stop

Quote Originally Posted by webo dad View Post
    i am not sure if i am for or against this-but i do feel i will vote yes,-but just so everyone knows my wife checked our property taxes and they are going up $400.00 from last year-and i suppose if we vote this in they will go up even more next year-like i said i feel i need to vote yes but where does it stop
    What website do we use to check our new property tax?
    Sometimes going all the way is just a start.......

Teachers will give up two days and that will leave one extra day, probably the first day without students. I imagine teachers will come in those days they give up just so they can prepare for second semester and finish the year. They can't give up more because of the days required by the state. If the state were to scale back the number of days students are required to be in school then teachers could give up more days. If you cut back on students days, you open another can of worms.

VOTE YES
    Curses foiled again!

willi332 Guest

What some people aren't understanding is that the entire state is having problems with the budget cuts. Without the ability to move money from each individual fund, the schools have no choice but to ask for a referendum or lose teachers and programs.

My suggestion for those who do not want to vote yes for the referendum: Urge your representative to push for a bill to allow funds to be managed so that schools can use money from different funds to pay teachers and keep programs. They just passed legislation that allows 5% to be used, but this isn't enough.

If you are simply a naysayer, and refuse to believe Western Boone is in trouble, watch the video above to see what is being cut. If you think they're being dramatic for votes, GO TO THE SCHOOL, spend 15 minutes there and you will realize it is a very real situation. Teachers are worried about their jobs, kids are worried about losing programs they have a passion for, and parents are starting to wonder what Western Boone will have to offer their children if the referendum doesn't pass.

Watch the video, it brings light to many of the questions people have been asking. It tells you what is going to be cut if it doesn't pass, and it gives you general information on how much it may cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by webo dad View Post
    it stops, when you tell it to.