View Poll Results: How many TVs do you have hooked up to cable/dish?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll

5 7.69%

13 20.00%

20 30.77%
  • 4 or more

17 26.15%
  • Antenna / Broadcast TV only

10 15.38%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default TV Viewing Habits

I recently had a houseguest (an ESPN junkie) who couldn't believe that I didn't have cable or a satellite dish. I only watch about 1-2 hours of TV a week and I just can't see putting out that kind of money for occasional viewing. I already have my DTV converter box for the day when analog goes away. TV is just not that big a deal to me.

I was just wondering if anyone still gets their television channels over the air using an antenna. If you have cable/satellite dish, how much do you pay a month? How many hours of TV do you watch a week?

We have a dish and pay about 60 a month. It's never been important to me, but Mrs. O loves her home makeover shows!! With my retirement it might be more beneficial to me as well. I do love the History Channel. Not sure I love it 60 bucks worth, but............
    If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu. Elizabeth Warren

Cool

I'm addicted to tv the way some are to radio. I HAVE to have the tv going all the time when I'm home and awake. Most of the time its on Discovery or History but that is one of my weakness's. I MUST have my TV and satelite.
    Here's your sign.......

Quote Originally Posted by oldster View Post
    We have a dish and pay about 60 a month. It's never been important to me, but Mrs. O loves her home makeover shows!! With my retirement it might be more beneficial to me as well. I do love the History Channel. Not sure I love it 60 bucks worth, but............

You might have to invest in Skinemax
    Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I need it most.

I too am a TV junkie. it's on ALL the time. I tape soap operas and am probably addicted to Tru TV.
    Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth AMEN!

can't live w/o DVR, We hate watching commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Mamou View Post
    I recently had a houseguest (an ESPN junkie) who couldn't believe that I didn't have cable or a satellite dish. I only watch about 1-2 hours of TV a week and I just can't see putting out that kind of money for occasional viewing. I already have my DTV converter box for the day when analog goes away. TV is just not that big a deal to me.

I was just wondering if anyone still gets their television channels over the air using an antenna. If you have cable/satellite dish, how much do you pay a month? How many hours of TV do you watch a week?
    You'd enjoy it more if you'd upgrade from this model :

I probably watch more TV now than I ever have because I love all the reality tv shows. Survivor, American Idol, Biggest Loser, Made, ... love em all.

I don't really watch too much tv..but love ESPN, Speed Channel, Discovery, History and Tru TV. I love the DVR so I can watch my shows when I have time commercial free.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

I watch the morning news. The tvs are on when the kids or the dad is here. Right now noone is home but me. I love the peace and quiet.