PDA

View Full Version : WHITE CASTLE

GRILL MASTER
01-03-2008, 01:15 PM
when i make hamburgers at home, i use hamburger,onions, and season salt. but the after effects are never like after eating these :hitthefan

kilian
01-03-2008, 01:22 PM
when i make hamburgers at home, i use hamburger,onions, and season salt. but the after effects are never like after eating these :hitthefan

My all time least favorite fast food place ever!!!!!!!

I would rather eat Long John Silver's than White Castle, and it hurts me to say that about Long John Silvers :mrgreen:

LebTransplant
01-03-2008, 01:44 PM
There are only 2 edible things on their menu IMO, the onion petals and chicken rings. The chicken rings are only good if they are piping hot. I love the onion petals because most onion rings seem to be made with some chopped pressed onions and these are not!

I would say that were go maybe once a year for food. My daughter is a HUGE fan of their sweet tea though. In the summer, for a treat, I will buy her a gallon of it!

Backintown
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Love 'em! Not a steady diet of course but every now and then get a craving and they are a treat...not good for you for sure...but fun just the same. Gotta love those sliders.

Sunshine
01-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Love 'em! Not a steady diet of course but every now and then get a craving and they are a treat...not good for you for sure...but fun just the same. Gotta love those sliders.
You know what we call them? Maggot muffins :icky

LebTransplant
01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
:icky

webomomof2
01-03-2008, 03:44 PM
MMMMMMMM....I love them! Especially on a late night, oh never mind!!! :beer

Trader Joe
01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I get a craving about once every 2 years for some sliders and then after I eat them I remember why I don't eat there. I'm probably actually pushing 3 1/2 years since I last ate at one.

mommy1BD
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I like slidders!!

GRILL MASTER
01-04-2008, 05:36 PM
nothing like a suppository the starts at the other end :hitthefan

intrepid
01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
oh yes sliders.we had a job come in that was too big for our bldg so we leased another it was a small bldg with a mens room and a ladies room,both one seaters.this one morning,one of the guys comes in looking reaily bad.he went to the mens room,afunny oder started coming out,it keep building and building,we opened the dock doors,to try to clear the air.he came out and i said what the hell were you eating,he said abig bag of sliders and a bottle of boones strawberry wine.we sent him to the gas station to use the bathpoom after that

Kiss The Cook
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh, that's nasty!!

GRILL MASTER
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh, that's nasty!!

no, that white castle :mrgreen: :hitthefan

Native4life
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Not sure I have eaten too many sober.......

LiveLaughLove
01-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Not sure I have eaten too many sober.......
HAHA I know what you mean! When I used to go out to the clubs or bars and come home late, that was pretty much the only thing open. It tasted yummy then, but not the next day!! :hitthefan

Survivor
01-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Their cheesesticks are the best!

MorningPerson
01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
All I have to say is Eeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!! :moon :hitthefan

Dog
01-12-2008, 03:15 PM
agree - they are nasty - i get the runs just thinking about the food. what is the special ingedient they use that gives almost anyone who eats white castle the screaming craps?
the onion chips rock!

LiveLaughLove
01-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Ok funny story...
A girl here at work said she went to White Castle for the first time this weekend. I asked her did she have the runs Sunday? She said well I didn't feel good but I might be getting sick. I told her no, it was White Castle...that is why they call it sliders. It goes right through you!!

Citizen
11-22-2008, 01:56 AM
WC's are great! (every once in a while!)

Thought we'd have a quick meal tonight as I'd been gone all day. The teen who took my order was very polite and he was trying to help get me the "best deal" for what I wanted.

All of a sudden, a woman's voice came on the speaker and she (with apparent irritation) asked me exactly what I wanted, what size, and how I wanted everything cooked!

Given that I didn't want any "foreign matter" in my food, I kept my cool and basically ordered what I *thought* I wanted.

Pulled up to the window and the teen couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant. Woman threw open the window completely and barked at me about the order. I deferred to her superior intelligence on White Castle's w/cheese, a sack of sweet potato fries, and onion blossoms (or whatever they're called.)

Got my order and I thanked the teen for his assistance and patience. Noticed only one car behind me (hadn't been there long) and there were all of TWO cars in the parking lot.

To watch the older woman fixing ALLLLL these orders, you would have thought they were over-flowing with customers.

I would have asked if a manager was on the premises...but was "afraid" she was it!!

It's too bad when (A) older people are rude to their help (as well as to their customers) and (B) set such a poor example for the younger help.

I hope she has a better day tomorrow:) heh!

dsfan1968
11-22-2008, 09:06 AM
2 White Castle Stories to share. Both probably TMI. When I was maybe 7-8 I was at the 4th of July Carnival with my brother and his girlfriend. Well we went on the "Tilt o whirl"
(Tilt o hurl) and we were spinningaround and around and then it happened..... the Sliders my bro had earlier came back up!!
Fortunately we got the ride stopped quickly... always felt sorry for the dude that had to clean it up.
Never been on that ride since. That circular motion kills me.

Now the other. Coming home one night from a bar in town, one of my friends wanted White Castle to take home. So we went thru the drive thru she got her food, and we did not even make it down the road to the Depot and she had to pull over for me so I could ralph in a prking lot. The smell... oh gawd the smell..... still can't go there to this day!!

Sunshine
11-22-2008, 09:21 AM
2 White Castle Stories to share. Both probably TMI. When I was maybe 7-8 I was at the 4th of July Carnival with my brother and his girlfriend. Well we went on the "Tilt o whirl"
(Tilt o hurl) and we were spinningaround and around and then it happened..... the Sliders my bro had earlier came back up!!
Fortunately we got the ride stopped quickly... always felt sorry for the dude that had to clean it up.
Never been on that ride since. That circular motion kills me.

Now the other. Coming home one night from a bar in town, one of my friends wanted White Castle to take home. So we went thru the drive thru she got her food, and we did not even make it down the road to the Depot and she had to pull over for me so I could ralph in a prking lot. The smell... oh gawd the smell..... still can't go there to this day!!
I think the WC lounges are made for younger people to eat. Maggot muffins tear up older people innards. :(

Commiskey
11-22-2008, 10:54 AM

Meat quality, meat quality, meat quality!

jeep
12-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I love White Castle's.

Last time I ate them, I seriously thought my appendix was going. Nah, it was just the WC.

I only try to eat them a couple of times a year.
That makes them even more special.

dnnlytn41
12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Have you tried their ,"NEW SWEET POTATOE FRYS"? with the cinnamon dipping sauce? wonderful...delicious!! I did'nt get any sandwich and I felt great but those fries are just 'yummy'. Thought I'd let ya know.:yes

dmac
12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
White Castle now closes early. No more white castle late at night. Not sure of what time.
Went by after 9:00 pm and they were closed all last week.

angelcollector
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
My mom is the Assistant General Manager there and they started closing at night about 2 weeks ago. They were not getting enough business late at night to stay open. They close at 9 and open the next morning at 8.

jeep
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Do they have sweet potatoes at the Lebanon White Castle? Sweet potatoes are good for you.

I think I need some.

angelcollector
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
YEP!!!!! They have the sweet potato fries.

doverite
12-08-2008, 06:04 AM
I need to have a "cravin" for them.... we call them rectum rockets.

Backintown
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
thanks for the heads up that they are closing early...white castle is one of those few things you think you can get late at night...I love white castle but haven't had any in a while.

WindyKnoll
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I can't believe they close early! There is nothing like a white castle at 2:00 a.m.! Especially if you are really craving them! I understand, but it's still a bummer. They should close at 2a.m. and open at 10:00 instead.