06-20-2008, 11:21 PM
4 large boneless-skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed in a ziploc bag
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
1 teaspoon paprika (if you have it)
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Place one chicken breast at a time in between two pieces of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet smooth side, pound until about 1/2 inch thick. In a small bowl whisk together egg and buttermilk and then add chicken; set aside.

Crush the saltine crackers in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Add the garlic pepper and paprika to the bag; add chicken pieces and coat one at a time to the bag. Shake the bag and also pressing some of the crumbs with your hand into the chicken. Heat veg. oil in a large skillet on med. high heat. Cook chicken turning over to brown evenly several times about 11-13 minutes.

Chicken Gravy

1 (14oz) can chicken broth
1 (10-3/4oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (.07oz) envelope Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix

Remove the extra fat (there shouldn't be much) from the pan that you fried the chicken in, saving the browned bits in the bottom. Stir about one cup of the broth in the pan and mix with chicken soup until well combined, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add remaining broth, stirring to mix well and then add the Italian dressing mix. Bring to a boil and then reduce hear to low; simmer about 5 mins (longer if needed).

**You can make this gravy without making this chicken recipe, just make sure you have some (alittle not much) oil left in pan from fried chicken. This is some what healthier than frying chicken in a deep fryer or in a big pot of oil.

This is a very easy recipe and wont take that much time at all once you get started. Enjoy!

GRILL MASTER
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
sounds delish (i heard that from my sweety rachael ray)

Backintown
06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
OMG, thanks for sharing KC...that sounds wonderful! I'll have to try it soon!

lizra
06-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Well I made this Thursday nite and my son LOVED it! Thanks! :)
The Good Seasons package was too expensive at $1.49 though ....bet there's a homemade version/mix of something similar floating around somewhere.....:hmmm

gottaluvkc
06-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Well I made this Thursday nite and my son LOVED it! Thanks! :)
The Good Seasons package was too expensive at $1.49 though ....bet there's a homemade version/mix of something similar floating around somewhere.....:hmmm

Well thanks! You might be right about the seasoning pack, would be nice but I have no clue if there is such a recipe for that or not.

mykidzmom
06-29-2008, 01:07 PM
* Exported from MasterCook *

Good Reasons Italian Dressing Mix

Recipe By : Internet
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Copycat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Tablespoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons dried oregano
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon dried thyme
1 Teaspoon dried basil
1 Tablespoon parsley, freeze-dried
1/8 Teaspoon mustard powder
1 Envelope Lipton Cup-A-Soup Cream of Chicken
= (* See Note
1/4 Teaspoon celery salt
2 Tablespoons seasoned salt (or Mrs. Dash)
1 Tablespoon dried grated lemon peel

Mix all ingredients together and force through a fine mesh sieve
with back of a large spoon. Store covered and use within 4-5 months.

HOPE THIS HELPS

lizra
06-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Gee thanks! :)

GRILL MASTER
06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
LOL, sorry but, i'll spend the $1.49 for pre-made.

lizra
06-30-2008, 10:49 PM
LOL, sorry but, i'll spend the $1.49 for pre-made.

You make a big batch silly.....you probably have all that stuff in large quantities sitting in your spice rack aready.....exept for the Cup of soup stuff......sounds like something you'd find at big lots now days. I remember when "cup-of-soup" was really cutting edge stuff. :mrgreen: