PDA

View Full Version : How do you?

Country By Default
11-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Ok, this is beyond embarrassing...... :oops:

How do you boil eggs? I boiled some a couple of days ago and the insides were still runny in an icky sort of way. My mom is not much of a cook, (I grew up on Hamburger Helper before there was a Hamburger Helper) my mother in law is a wonderful cook but she doesn't like people hanging around her when she cooks. I have no idea how long to boil eggs, how high of temperature to boil them...nothing!!

Can someone please help this "idiot in the kitchen"?

GRILL MASTER
11-11-2007, 10:39 AM
i take and fill a pot(sauce pan) with about 3" of water and put the eggs in it. turn the heat to med-high and bring it to a boil. when it starts to boil go 10 minuts and turn it off and immediatly drain that water and rinse in cold water for 1 minute and peel. if you let them set for too long the shells WILL STICK TO THE EGGS. and then you have some ugly azz eggs. try it and let me know how you did. 8)

Kiss The Cook
11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
If you're looking for a fool proof method of getting perfect hard boiled eggs everytime, there is a gadget that is great. They have egg cookers that you fill with water, add your eggs, set the yolk consistency and walk away. It will beep when they're done. Perfect everytime. Beautiful yellow.

GRILL MASTER
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
you can also microwave it for about 2 1/2 minutes for a real short cut.

Country By Default
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you both so much...but I'm sure I'll still screw it up somehow. Wonder if you can buy eggs already hardboiled. Just don't tell my husband, he thinks all women should be able to cook like his mother...must be in the ovaries or something.

lebanonborn
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Another way to cook hard boiled eggs is to cover them with water, and bring to a full boil, then turn off gas or electricity and put a lid on the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Just one of those energy saving tips.

As for buying them already cooked, companies that service restaurants sell them already cooked and peeled. They say to just put them in water in the table warmers and warm them up to serve them for breakfast, but I think most places just use them for their salad bars.